Skip to content
Pixel users Android 11 starts to rolling out
- After a little over a week since its global rollout, Google has finally rolled out the Android 11 operating system update in India. Android 11 update on the Pixel 3 smartphone in India as an OTA update. The size of the update as per the screenshot is 1.48GB.
- The eligible phones for the upgrade include Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3XL, Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL. Although the upgrade is available on Pixel 4 smartphones as well, they were not officially launched in India.
- The top features of the Android 11 include improved device and media controls, dedicated space for messaging apps in the notification section, built-in screen recording and more privacy controls.
- Smartphone OEMs including OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo and Realme have also rolled out beta versions of the Android 11 update and are now expected soon to roll out OTAs to their users.
Soon after the launch of Android 11, the company also launched the Android 11 (Go edition), which is basically a toned-down version of the same specially designed for devices with up to 2GB of memory.
- For those unaware, the Go edition of Android was first introduced in 2018 and Google claims that it runs on over 100 million entry-level devices through apps and features specifically built to address local needs.
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!