NEET 2020 Exam Center Guidelines: The much-debated and discussed exam of the year, NEET 2020, or the National ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) 2020 will finally be conducted by the National Testing Agency tomorrow, for over over 15 lakh candidates who have registered for the NEET examination.The exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses and other undergraduate medical courses in approved/recognized Medical / Dental & Other Colleges / Institutes in India.
Keeping in mind the apprehensions of students and parents amid the Covid-19 pandemic, certain changes have come up in the exam protocols. Below are some important lists you must check before leaving for the exam center.
How examination will unfold: check steps:
- Candidates report in batches from 11:00 AM onwards (as per the staggered time slot mentioned in admit card)
- At the entry of the Registration Room, their body temperature is recorded through a thermal gun.
- If the temperature (<37.4 ° C / 99.4 ° F), they move to frisk personnel for frisking.
- If the temperature is (> 37.4 ° C / 99.4 ° F), they will be taken to the Isolation Room. All processes of frisking and document verification will be done after a period of 15-20 minutes. In this time their temperature may become even normal, if not they will be allowed to take the examination alone in a separate room.
- Candidates display admit card, Valid Govt. ID proof, PwD certificate (if PwD candidate), Scribe undertaking (if applicable in proforma given in Information Bulletin) to Invigilator on duty across the table.
- After due verification, the Invigilator checks the seat allocation chart & directs them to their examination room as per roll number.
- The invigilator on Duty outside the Registration Room ensures that students enter the Registration Room in batches of 10 (first) and then 5 when the first 5 left. After leaving he/she directs candidates to their examination room.
Dress code Check:
Candidates are advised to wear light-colored and half sleeved weather-appropriate loose clothes. Shoes are not allowed and candidates must wear open and flat sandals or slippers to the examination. Jewelry is not advisable and only candidates required to wear certain jewelry for religious reasons may be permitted. Though headscarves and turbans are allowed, they are subject to frisking. Watches, both analog or digital are not permitted.
Candidates will be allowed to carry only these items with them into the examination room/hall:
- Mask on face
- Gloves on hand
- Personal transparent water bottle
- Personal small hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Exam related documents as instructed (Admit Card, ID card, etc.)
- No other item to be allowed inside the examination room/hall. The admit card will clearly state what candidates are allowed to carry and what they are not allowed to carry.
- Body pat frisking will not be done
- Frisking by metal detector held with a long handle will be mandatory for all candidates
- Frisking personnel will ensure that while frisking metal detector does not come in physical contact with any candidate
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi signal presence will be checked inside the examination rooms and examination centers
- During the conduct of examination, all the installed jammers / CCTVs (if applicable) will be functional as per NTA guidelines
- Wristwatch, fitness bands and other wearable gadgets
- Phones, Bluetooth devices, and other transmitting devices
- Stationary, books or printed material other than the one mentioned in the admit card