GATE 2021: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay or IIT Bombay has begun registration for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE 2021 Exam. Interested candidates can apply to the official website – gate.iitd.ac.in. The last date to apply without late fees is 30th September 2020 and with late fees is 7th October 2020.
Tentative dates for the exam
According to the official website, GATE 2021 examination will be conducted over six days and twelve sessions on February 2021 on the following days – Friday 5th, Saturday 6th, Sunday 7th, Friday 12th, Saturday 13th, and Sunday 14th. But these dates are subject to change depending on how the Covid-19 situation next year. The tentative timings are – Morning: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and Afternoon: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. It will be a fully computer-based test. Owing to the pandemic, International Centers may also be dropped.
Two new subjects have been introduced for Gate 2021
- Environmental Science and Engineering or ES
- Humanities and Social Sciences in Economics / English / Linguistics / Philosophy / Psychology / Sociology or XH
The website says that the eligibility criteria are relaxed for 2021 and there is no age limit. “A Candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any Government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible to appear for GATE-2021 examination.”
How to apply
The application process will solely be online, and each candidate has to fill online one form even if they are appearing for multiple exams.
You will require the following documents:
• Eligibility degree details
• College names and address
• Four choice of exam centers cities
• Image of candidates in prescribed format
• Scanned copies valid ID proof
Follow these steps to register for GATE 2021
Step 1: Visit the official website – appsgate.iitb.ac.in.
Step 2: Create login credentials by registering with the name.
Step 3: Now you can login with the enrollment id and password or email ID and passwords.
Step 4: Fill the required details and submit
Important dates to remember
• GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens – 14th September 2020, Monday
• Closing Date of regular online application / registration – 30th September 2020, Wednesday
• End of online registration with late fee – 7th October 2020, Wednesday
• Last Date for change of category, paper and examination city (an additional fee will be applicable) – 13th November 2020, Friday
• Announcement of results – 22nd March 2021, Monday
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or commonly referred to as GATE, is a national examination conducted by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee . Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for those seeking admission postgraduate programs and also for receiving financial aid from Ministry of Education (MoE) and other Government Scholarships / Assistantships. GATE 2021 score is valid for three years from the date of announcement of results.